
So I was at work, and one of our residents, who is fan of a certain tv show, asked me if I knew anyway to save it on dvd for him... So I went ahead and downloaded the serie for him. But then we met a problem: no Divx player on the computers of their living room! Bummer!
So I tried to install one. But bummer again, I don't know the administrative password. Of course, no one knows it. The computers have been installed for a few years, and the guy who put them up left several years ago, with the precious password...
But a little password isn't going to stop me I said. Armed with a copy of Ubuntu I decided to convert our guys to Linux, at least to initate them (looks great on a resume if you know a little bit about computers...)
Smuged! The computers can't even detect the CD, yet alone reboot form it!
Anyway... I haven't said my last word. I'll try again.
I'm so happy I switched to Ubuntu about a year ago.
Not that I use my computer beyond very basics functions, but I just like the idea of not paying microsoft..
I also really enjoy the flexibility and openess of the system. It actually made me want to learn about computers, and what applications can be useful for me, how to install them etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment