Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Madison Square Garden

Yep I've been there. :)
I am usually not a New York sports fan. That's the LEAST you can say about me.
But yesterday I had a lot of fun cheering for the Knicks.
A friend got tickets and offered me to join the crowd. My wonderful husband is ok with staying home alone a few evenings every week ( he says he likes it better when I'm out for fun instead of work...)
So here I go to the middle of the big city. I "strongly dislike" Time Square and anything that looks alike. So MSG is not a place I hang out at usually..
But I loved it!!

Basketball is very easy to understand, they also have a bunch of crazy stats, and they score about every 2 minutes.
I don't know if it's because of being in Manhattan, so close to Broadway, but we had many, many tiny shows in between the plays:
- Some short games (" win a trip to england, japan..." or "get season tickets if you score a 3 pointer")
- some cheerleading (without pom-poms, which makes me sad because as stranger I expect american sports to come with a row of cheerleaders in mini skirts, with pompoms and perfect teeth...)
- and incredible jumpers (tumblers??)
- oh and also young talents celebration: 3 teens singing loud and a couple of tiny dancers, about 10 years old but amazing dancers. Waouh that was the best part of the evening!!
I'll put pictures when I found the cable... This one is from google...
And best for the end. Yes even better than the dancing kids...
I learned something yesterday.

Cracker jack are NOT crackers!!!
who could guess??
I learned about cracker jacks because my husband desperatly tried to teach me the song "take me out to the ball game" which I must say shouldn't be that hard, except I never get the lyrics right...
Well maybe now that I know cracker jacks are POPCORN it might get easier..

No comments: