rain!
ha! how surprising...
We had so much rain this year.. This week we had about 3 sunny afternoons. I love sunny afternoons because I can take my busy toddler to the park!
The garden is not going so great. The tomatoes are barely coming out. Not close to turning red at all..
The peppers are just now blossoming. I don't think we'll have peppers this year.. And they were supposed to be hot peppers but I think they'll be bell peppers at best.
We harvested our 3rd strawberry! And some blueberries are starting to turn blue!
What grows :
-the rhubarb
-the pumpkins seem to be growing fine
-the beets are not really big but they are certainly bigger than when we planted them
-the corn has now grown taller than my husband! It was falling over and he had to put tiles to prop them up.
In other news I received 6 eggs from my friend's chicken :)
And a little pot of honey from an other friend's beehive!
Growing your own turns out to rely a lot more on chance and weather than on hard work and sweat alone.. :/
To end this on a positive note, we had a real slug problem this year (surprising with all the rain) and I installed beer traps. They seem to be very efficient!! I set up only 4 so far and I have to empty them regularly, filled with slugs and snails.. :/ It's pretty gross but I'll get used to it..
No comments:
Post a Comment