Our little one was baptized yesterday during mass.
The celebration was beautiful. I am very pleased with the whole day and how everything went.
For our first son I didn't really want to celebrate (my nephew had just passed away a couple months before) and the whole day was just STRESS.
This time around I didn't try to involve my husband. Not that he doesn't care, he was happy to give his opinion, he is just different from me and we don't do things the same way. This is something I've learned. So I prepared the ceremony with the liturgy team, the priest and the god mother, and I showed things as they progress to the hubby. he gave his veto on a couple songs, too meditative. The liturgy team adviced us to pick songs that are well known in the parish, but I still got to keep two that I actually choose.
Not that it is the most important thing. But still.
For the drinks after church I planned the whole menu and tried to have it all ready in advance.
I actually made most of it days before and froze the whole thing, I wanted to have a buffet where everyone gets little bites at a time, and no big plates because we don't have room for more than one table and then everyone has their utensils and plates and doesn't know where to put them..
the menu was:
-various chips (bretzel sticks, fritos etc. to feed the starved as we got the better things out)
-pigs in a blanket*
-olive/ham mini cakes*
-ham/butter sandwiches
-cream/dill/smoked salmon sandwiches
-veggie tray with cheese and tuna dip (curtesy of my sister)
-madeleines*
-puff pastry with pandan/coconut filling*
-chocolate mousse with a layer of pears underneath (in individual yogurt jars)
-fruit (brought by friends)
-macarons!! the big surprise, a cousin of my mom made 4 different kinds of macarons!!! salted butter caramel, black currant, rapsberry and coffee. YUM!! and what a surprise ! :)
the * dishes were made the week before and frozen. I took them out of the freezer the night before and prepared the dishes before going to church. I made the sandwiches on saturday during the kids nap (it's relatively quick I spent maybe 90 min to make both kinds) and stored them in the fridge. The longest part is to prepare the serving trays.
I'll post pics of the ceremony when someone sends me some. It didn't occur to me to take pics :/
My favorite part of the day was when my husband made the baby talk and laugh. They were so cute together.
I am also very happy and touched that so many people came and spent the day with us.
The weather was beautiful and it was so nice to see family and friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment