Since the last time I posted we had our second little boy, named William.
He was born February 3rd.He is already very different from his brother! Well they look very much alike, but he is already his own little guy. He sleeps a lot! His first few weeks of life I would just put him down and he was already asleep. I had to feed him while he was sleeping sometimes!
He slept through the night at age 2 months.
He likes to hold cuddly toys, especially bunny ears.
He feeds like a champ, it never hurt me to breastfeed him.
He doesn't like to be dirty and cries for a full diaper. Which is probably the only times he ever cries.
William and his big brother get along really well (so far), it is too cute to see.
Our life here is getting better and better. We are settling down in our rental house. We plan to stay here until we buy our own so it could be a few more years. In the meantime we are trying to grow a nice garden and we plan to get chicken this summer.
I changed the name of this blog to "Chroniques du potager". Potager is a vegetable garden, I intend to post a lot more about homesteading.
We have read this book and loved every bit of it, so that's pretty much the plan.
As I am at home full time I see keeping the house and garden as part of my job. Well obvisouly my primary occupation is to take care of the children, but I think the homestead has a big impact on lifestyle.
Our older child is not even two years old and he has his own little tools, and knows which plants to smell and his first words are "apple" "chicken" "tools" and he can imitate a lot of animals (not from our garden though, from the park across the street) I feel happy and a little bit proud too that my children have this chance to grow up close to nature.

No comments:
Post a Comment