My computer power cord is falling apart and my little one keep me busy so I limit my internet time..
We have been living in France for about 10 months now and this place starts to really feel like home :)
This is my kitchen, where I spend lots of time.
There is lots of light in here I really appreciate it.
The little red heart on the cabinet door is for blair's little guy and it also turns out to be really helpful for guests (cups are in the cabinet with a heart..)
It's more or less clean, for some reason the kitchen countertop is the vodoo doll of my spirits, when it's tidy and clean I feel so good, clear in mind and ready to take on the rest of the day.. but when it's filthy and covered with stuff I feel lost and discouraged and I don't know where to start..
And yes I really lit a candle in my kitchen, it's not just for the picture.
On the outside we started a collection of magnet from our trips, so far we have Niagara falls and the Britanny place we went right before baby was born.
We also received animals magnet as a birth gift and they are such a hit with kids!!
2 cases of apples waiting to be cooked or eaten, all from apple picking! How fun that was!
The messier side.. I am so pleased that we got this huge piece of furniture, it's great storage and countertop space..
there is a slow cooker and some jars in the corner, waiting to make and can some applebutter. SO good!! Maybe I'll do some as gifts for family for Christmas.
You can see also my old faithful computer..soon to be replaced.
and here is the fairest of them all:
growing so fast!!
with my cousin's youngest (born just a month after him)
My heart hurts whenever we take those pictures of babies together because I am so sad about my little nephew who passed away in July.
I have seen a psychologist a couple time about it and I am feeling better, dealing with grieving.. She and a few friends who went through child loss really helped me.
First I should not imagine what pain my sister is going through because it is her own grief to live, not mine. He was my nephew and I can cry about him but I should think as an aunt, not as a mom.
Someone also said something that really really helped, "the trauma with losing a child is that we cry also for a lost future". Dwelling in thoughts of what could have been is really harmful, when I am tempted to cry over it I should think about what I actually had with him. I am thankful that we moved back in France in time to meet him a few times.
A very nice friend offered to drive me to the cimetery and back home on November 2, this was also very appeasing.
in other news I am still working on the driver's license.. I finally got some id pictures so I can actually register..
on the work front lots to ponder, more on this later.
1 comment:
So glad you posted again! Your kitchen looks so homey. I also have countertop syndrome, where my counters reflect my state of mind and vice versa. Clean counters make me feel so much more energized (and then I bake...so can I say that my clean counters are keeping me from losing weight?)
And the little guys are sooooo sweet!
Post a Comment