very first picture of my little friendI had a summer baby.. The first few weeks of his life he was dressed with a diaper and a onesie.
But Summer doesn't last long in France.. Temperatures in the 90's are rare and don't last more than a few days.
AC here is a useless luxury. Even hospital don't have it on every floor.. Now in 2003 and 1976 there have been 2 hot summers.
Since 2003 we have campaigns about drinking a lot and visiting the elderly over the summer, and it is required that every retirement home has at least one AC room, with enough space to gather all the occupants.
Anyway.
I've been dressing the baby with soft warm pj for over a month now. And I add a quilted jacket and hat if we go out before 11am.
The night is falling earlier. We used to have daylight till 10:30pm and as early as 6 am. But it's now from 7am to 8:30pm or so..
But for me what really says "end of summer" is the last summer fruits on the market :'( Instead of piles and pyramides of apricots and peaches, there are only a few boxes. The shiny eggplants turn a bit sad, tomatoes and zucchini loose their flavors (actually I haven't bought any tomato the whole summer as we had some in the garden!!)

Autumn is at our doors, no indian summer here.. but we still have beautiful afternoons so I'll go enjoy it some more :)
pictures of the beautiful park next door, it is also a modern art museum.
1 comment:
I guess we all have to enjoy the good things about where we live, and deal with the not-so-attractive elements.
EnJoy your autumn and the new stages of your son. :)
Post a Comment