Thursday, August 5, 2010

week end schedule


This week end we may go to a wedding! :)
I am very excited about it. It's my confirmation's godmother's wedding.
We will go onl
y for the ceremony and maybe the drinks afterwards, but we couldn't accept the dinner invitation. I was due anywhere between July 14th and 20th so that was too close to the baby's arrival to my taste, I don't want people to save a table for us and then last minute we don't show up..
I am most looking forward to see old friends! :D

Also I'm just happy because I got to pick what we do on a week end.
We are leaving Friday so Mr L doesn't have to do all the driving in one day. We'll spend the day in Burgundy, yes the famous wine area.. ;) I am looking forward to take pictures all the way. French country side is truly gorgeous.
We may go camping for the night which I would really love! I especially like camping breakfast :)
Saturday we go to the wedding in Arc & Senans , maybe visit Dijon in the morning, we'll see..
I hope we'll drive back Saturday night, but it all depends on how much the driver drinks, and how late the cocktail ends..
Otherwise we'll probably spend a night in a small hotel and drive back Sunday.

If it was just me I'd probably drive back and forth all in the Saturday and spend the Sunday home.
I love Sundays at home. I like to wake up early, have a good breakfast and go out before it's 9am. In the garden, in the park or go to church.. I just like to be out a bit in the morning. :)
Have some kind of special treat for lunch, like a nice smelling piece of roast in the oven, or a handmade cake. Especially if the hand making involves several pairs of little hands :)
And have some playtime in the afternoon, a special outing or a building project or preparing for a fun evening (gathering materials for star gazing or campfire). And in my dream Sunday we'd end the day with some prayer time. Because when you had a day like this, bein
g amazed by all the beauties of the world, especially the happiness of just being together, you can't help but know there is an all-loving God out there.

Anyway, as someone was telling me one day, we never really get to do what we want on week ends. Because there are duties, like grocery shopping, visiting the family, pleasing your spouse etc. etc.

To me this reflexion seemed a little immature, of course you don't get to do what you want! As an adult you have duties, but even as a kid you don't really get to make decisions either.. I don't know where we get the idea that doing what we want is happiness and that if we can't chose the activities then we somehow failed our week end... This is setting yourself up for much disappointment..We are not mere individuals floating around, we are part of some sort of "social fabric" however loosely this fabric is woven..
I am not saying that this lady was a whiney child, just that freedom doesn't mean to dispose of our time like we are the only being in the universe.. that would be egocentrism, not freedom.
But when we do have some free time to ourselves, it does feel great. The thing is to find these little occasions in the midst of duties, or to make them happen. Enjoy the little things. :)

You probably know the story of stones and pebbles (if you don't you need to read it!!! ). It is about time management, putting what really matters to you first in your life.
I think it can also be read an other way. The big stones becoming what you have to work around, all those grown ups duties like going to work, filling the fridge and sending paperwork.. But then pebbles, sand and water are your choice. If you think the jar is filled with only the stones in you may be quite disappointed indeed, and you are missing all that free space that was left in your jar..






No comments: