Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June!!!


April has been gorgeous here, May was a lot colder and rainy.. I wonder how June will be..
One thing I wish I had bought for this pregnancy is a warm pregnancy sweater (the kind that opens in the front) I have a large sweater like this, but it's not dressy at all.
I didn't get much pregnancy clothes, my sister handed me down many troussers, but no sweater.. as I'm getting bigger and bigger right now in Spring I thought it would be useless: sun +hormones= I'd be warm and even though it's not quite warm yet I keep putting off because "next week, for sure, the weather will be nice and I won't need a sweater..."


Anyway.
Sunday was mother's day in France. We had lunch in my parents' place with my sister and her kids. I made bouquets of roses for my mom and sister, from flowers of our garden :) And I got my mom a genealogy book, she was really happy. She has been collecting genealogy info since she retired but it's all on itsy bitsy pieces of paper, so now she can organize it all..

My dad is sick so it was pretty stressful. He is emotionally unstable but he is in a sentimental mode right now, so it's more unsettling than anything else. He doesn't sleep well and starts crying without warning, and says very mysterious sentences about the meaning of life and the purpose of prophesies...
I feel a little bad for my mom but she is used to it, and this is mild I'd say compared to what could be...
I am happy to have my own life, and not be under pressure 24/7 with that..

We left not too late in the afternoon and went on to visit a little bit our neighborhood. We live in a very nice area. There was an open house at a british import shop, then we came across a concert in a XII century church: Rossini! We went to a parc (arboretum, a museum of trees) but found out that it was private propoerty.. oops!


And we ended our trip with a medieval city, there was no good place to eat opened so we went to the pizza truck. What a great evening!

We are heading towards the longest days of the year! Love it!! Sun rises a little before 6am and shines all the way to 10 pm or later.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Gui loves the picture with the roses. :-)

Morgan said...

look at you- you look great! How is your pregnancy going?cute belly shot! And what gorgeous roses!