Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Everyday a chance for a new begining :)

I got somewhat depressed these past few days.. A couple things helped me a lot to get a grip:
-some sun ;) really a ray of sun has tremendous effect on the mood
-deciding to not give in. Yesterday night I wanted to be cuddled and comforted and that someone could sympathize with my woes.. but when Mr L got home he himself had lots of work coming up and a sad day of his own.. If we both start feeling sorry for ourselves it's not pretty... So I made a chocolate fondue to cheer the mood. I felt instantly better. Chocolate is magic :) Also probably a little achievement feeling for finally doing something!
-making plans. I had plans to receive people for a coffee hour but everyone had something come up and I was a little sad that nobody could come.. But instead of being sad I decided to turn it into fun! I am going to Paris today, in the afternoon to get some craft materials and a present for a friend.My project is almost done! :)

And here are a couple baby bump pics for Kate :)
about 30 weeks.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Ah! You have such a gorgeous mommy-figure now! Yay baby!!

I think there are a lot of days where the good of marriage requires sacrificing some of the 'comfort' of self-pity. But I think those are the days where you can actually see yourself growing in holiness - making that choice to set your own irritations and sadness aside to make something better for your family. You can't do it all the time, but it's a good trait to have as a mom!!

Rae said...

I love the pictures!