Monday, April 19, 2010

Week end in Alpes! :)

This week end we went to the Alps to visit my grand father.
It was a great trip. I felt a little bad about not having my driver's license yet because I couldn't do any of the road.. but I am just so scared about cars.. especially other people's cars and driving.. Agh French people are awful drivers!! Even on the highway!!

We left Friday afternoon, after some immigration formalities for Mr L, he speaks French so well already that he was dispensed from taking further language tests.. :) anyway we had some traffic.. as in: it took us 2 hours to go 15 miles!!!!!
Once we passed Paris it got a lot better though.
We stayed in a hotel nearby my grand father's place and on Saturday morning we went to get a nice breakfast in a cute village.
It's good to take time just together when visiting family.
then we went to see the grand pa. Here is his house.


He lives with my uncle. It's a little sad because he is getting really old and somewhat depressed. My uncle isn't too happy either. They were happy to see us, but it was sad to see how the house is a mess, old single boys house mess.. I had to hold myself back to not clean anything.. But that would have been insulting rather than helpful.. anyway I really love my uncle and I wish I could see him more often. His wife passed away the year I was born and he misses to not have any kid.

We went on a short walk and took a short video of cute little lambs.. It was so funny to hear the sheeps cries...

.

I have an other uncle in the Alps, just 1/2 h away form them, but I didn't take pictures.. We were too busy chatting and I forgot.
This last uncle is my father's youngest brother and he is the happiest of all brothers.. He has a wife and three kids. They are all super nice and it's a pleasure to visit them. We went to their place for drinks and dinner and we brought pulled pork. They loved it!
Here is the only pic I have of the evening, my youngest cousin writing on his desk.. He was so cute and well-behaved :)

I had nice talks with my aunt (uncle's wife).
On Sunday we all went to mass, which is not too much in their traditions, but as I am my cousin (middle girl) godmother I really thought I could offer, and everyone came along!! :)

It was really fun!
Everyone loves Mr L and asked for him to come back and visit :) Next time there will be 3 of us!! :)

No comments: