I spend my days there. I sit at the counter with my laptop and read stuff, or watch movies, this is also where most of the clean up happens. And sewing. And, last but not least: cooking.
I cook almost every meal, lunch and dinner. I can't remember how I did before. Mr L. was eating at work, and I was doing my lunch at home (we lived so close to my work). But I don't remember actually cooking for lunch... I don't know, I was probably making eggs or left overs or something...
Anyway nowadays we have healthy lunches and dinners. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I have to go back to the gorcery store almost every other day, we constantly run out of milk and vegetables.
Is there some kind of curse that once you are officially "stay at home" then your fridge empties itself before you have time to put the stuff away?
I also caught the weight watching curse. The moment we decided to watch our weight all I can think of is cheese, creamy dishes and cakes.
We had ginger carrot soup for dinner, with left over pizza (homemade anything is always healthy in my book) and it was creamy and spicy and good. But nothing like warm dark chocolate cake.When I tried weight watchers I had an off-list. On that list I put everything I resisted that day.
Today I resisted:
-nutella with toasts for breakfast (had an apple instead)
-pan dulce at the supermarket (only 65 cts. but we are really stretching every dollar right now and cantaloupe were 39ct each at the other grocery store..)
-making (and eating) chocolate eclairs for Ste Therese feast (I read this is a tradition in some countries, I wonder where...)
-making banana brownies and chocolate cake (several times).
Giving in would be easier. But Mr L. started losing weight and I don't want to make him screw his nice progress.
I am dreaming of baking.
I wish I had a friend here, I could bake a chocolate cake and go over for a visit, and share the calories :)
This should be my motto: share the calories, share the love!
1 comment:
This is ironic because I have been doing more cooking lately too and I find myself thinking about grocery lists all the time.
Who knew?
Post a Comment