Thursday, October 29, 2009

I went to the gym!

I went twice in two days!! Yay!
The gym is about 1/2h walk away. So just going there is a warm up! :) They have a promotion that if I go to a class with my free pass I get my registration fee waived! Cool. I'm considering registering, so it would be nice to pay only the monthly fee, which is already big in my eyes.
So I went Tuesday with my free trial pass, asking when the next class was. The lady at the front desk showed me the list of classes, zumba was the next one. Just an hour away. In the meantime I did 30 min of stay-in-place bike, which made me sweat a lot and 15 min rowing. The rowing was VERY easy. Until I realized it was set on resistance 6... Then I put it up and it was more efficient. Then I took a break :)
I went to the Zumba class but the teacher said it didn't count for the registration waiving fee. Bummer. I decided to stay anyway, just to try it. It was awful. I couldn;t even follow the warm up movements!! Oh my! and mirors everywhere to show you that yes, you're the only one who can't hear the rythm.. or go right when everyone goes left.. I hang on for 10 minutes. But I had to leave after about 15min. I took a long shower to get my frustrations out. Warm water is good.
On my way out I told the front desk lady that the Zumba teacher couldn't give me the waiver. She was sorry for her mistake and got me a free pass! Yeah!

Yesterday night I went again, for just the class: group power this time. It was weight training. Not too bad. I took the smallest weights ;) I could do everything because those are simple movements: up/down etc. We did a lot of squats and my legs hurt now, but it was fun! :)
I may go to register later today or tomorrow Friday. I'm very excited about aquagym. I'm not a good swimmer but it somehow appeals to me to move around in a swimming pool. Also they have whirlpools. And a steam room. This will be fun when winter is too cold.

No comments: