I got a pumpkin about 2 weeks ago, but it's still there, intact, nicely decorating the shelf, but not craved.
But I'm not the least sad or disapointed. We'll have plenty other halloweens to celebrate. AND we are going camping!!!
Yeah! Funny thing is that we go camping only in fall so far. Our first week end together was camping in freezing cold temperatures in November, and we just love the landscape of fall :) Plus Mr L worked like crazy lately, and he really needs to go out and breathe.
Of course I woke up at 6 am, all excited and jumping around, hoping to see the sun rise on our way to whichever park/forest... But someone is still asleep, and he deserved to sleep in a little (ahah, I know it sounds like a joke to some: sleep in till 7 or 8!!!) anyway here I am, walking back and forth like a lion in a cage. I think I should just go for a walk around the block. At least I'd get to see the sunrise :)
Oh! of course I forgot, when we go on hiking trips, our first stop is Cracker Barrel!! I love those places! I always order something very simple, like the eggs with biscuits and gravy. But they have apple butter on the side. Yum!
Unfortunately (or fortunately) I feel full these days. As soon as I drank a half glass of water I'm full. Me, the ever eater! It's probably my body saying "stop. Can't take in anymore food. Fast is good." Well not really fast, I still eat stuff, but I don't feel hungry all the time. Which is a new sensation to me.
Yesterday I registered to the gym. I'm quite happy about it. I really want to go. The good part is that I have lots of time, no hurry to do the fast exercises, I can do the easy stuff that takes much longer to show effect and enjoy the swimming pool every day. The registration comes with a few sessions with a trainer. I'm impressed, and a little scared. I have to set fitness goals. My fitness goal is to be in a good shape, just to make sure I put all chances on my side for a baby :) Right now I'm overweight. Just a few pounds. Well 7 pounds, or 10. It's not too much. But those few pounds don't go anywhere. I feel very confortable with them around... But yes that can make a big difference on knees and ankles, so I'd be better without them.
When I get up (in the morning or after sitting down more than 10 min) it's like a concert, a polyphony of cracking joints. Crick, crack at each step, ankles and knees in choir. So really my fitness goal is to get better joints. And to get away from that overweight zone, just in case in makes a difference baby-wise.
I was much more at peace with the idea of waiting and being patient, and then stuff happened, and now I need to learn patience again. To just accept that I'm already so happy, I should not want more all the time.
I am very very thankful for the camping trip! :) And we rent a car for this. I love car trips with Mr L. We talk so much, and listen to funny radio programs like car talk, or prairie home companion. It's just special. :)

ETA: this is definetly not us. Wrong car, wrong hair color... But it's the first image that poped up when I googled "car trip fall" and it looks pretty acurate regarding the atmosphere in the car :)
No comments:
Post a Comment