" There are maybe 5 persons in the world who truly hate the Catholic Church but many, many more who don't know much about it."
What I love about the Catholic Church is what so many people "hate" about it: its exigence.
I think I need it.
I'm thankful they kept traditions that make sense despite being the last ones saying it.
I'm not saying the church is passing the message correctly and efficiently, but at least it is said.
Now I wish we could say it with much more love and much less judgment.
I believe the Church is offering an ideal, but an ideal that is doable by the grace of God. It's a philosophy and a theory, but so much more a reality, and a work in progress.
We don't have to be perfect, we are called to be saint. A Saint lets the grace touch all aspects of his/her life.
As a believer my job is to identify those aspects of my life where I don't want to accept the presence of God (food, work, neighbors etc.)
Whenever I learn to grow in faith I feel so happy about my discoveries, and they are so logical that I don't understand how I lived before...
Faith is such an amazing journey!
I don't think I ever got bored in following Jesus, searching for more Truth in my life, and opening my mind to religion.
I'm currently trying to find out which career would be a good fit for me, and I use the "what color is your parachute ?" book. I found out that my goal is to bring more "heart" into the world. That my work would contribute to bringing more love and forgiveness in the world.
My second and third "goals" are to bring more spirituality, love of God, and more honesty, righteousness. (I think it was Spirit and will/consciousness).
I was quite surprised. First I was surprised that the book separate heart and spirit, love of God from love generally speaking.
Then I was surprised that this would even be mentioned in a job search book. It doesn't sound like a very professional goal to me... I'm not sure I really want to work on a daily basis with a work uniquely based on that. Love is not something you can assess and make a job of.
Well mothers are professional lovers, but they happen to be so "professional" because there is no way to be perfect at it...
And then I got a little scared: right now I'm very enthusiastic, but WHAT IF? what if I find a great job in a religious organization, and then I don't care for it anymore?
When I first started to get really interested in religion (as a old teen) I had the same interrogation! I thought that interest would go away, like a fashion: one year is purple, the following is red etc. But it didn't. And I still get very enthusiastic about learning and sharing :)
I figured I would still review my 25 first years. The first aim right now would be to remember where I come from, as in philosophically, and to clarify my own ambivalence, in between laicity and religious affirmation. I think it's the core of my orientation now. Should I look for catholic organizations, where I can be openly catholic, and find a lot of support, or should I go toward more lay organizations, and bring a little bit of my catholic point of view?
The same question arise when i became a teacher. I opted for public schools. It was not as "underground Christianity" as I thought it would be, but it was not easy either.. .
Anyway, more on that in upcoming posts.
And for now I'll keep up with the EMC :)
No comments:
Post a Comment