I've seen people doing 7 quick takes on Fridays, but I haven't come around it in time yet.. So I'll just do my own thing.
-1- I haven't post often recently. Married life is busy. A joyful busy :) Also I tried to limit my time online, and I really like to read some other blogs, so I don't have much time left to post on my own. I also keep in mind that the first reason for this blog is to sort out what's on my mind, so I keep on posting important event, like the women I meet at the pregnancy center.. Last Thursday I was so stirred by this young girl, my hands were cold and shaking...
-2- readings: I haven't got back to my freedom book (Dieu sans idee du mal), but I hope to follow up on that specific point soon. The book is brillant and I'd like to clarify my memories about it. Right now I read Roal Dahl!! Henri Sugar and other short stories. Roald Dahl is a genius. I've read many, if not all, of his books, and I keep finding it refreshing and fun and smart..
-3- I'm working on getting some patience. I've read somewhere that life is not about what you do, but who you serve. In this regard married life is an amazing school!
I learn to go over my laziness, everyday, and put my husband first as often as I can remember it ( I tend to forget my beautiful ideals when I'm hungry and there is chocolate or saussage in the room...)
-4- We have a new housemate! A belgian girl moved in downstairs, where I was before we moved in this part of the house. She is really neat, nice and I'm sure we'll get along very well. We went to visit the neighborhood this morning, we had a good time.
-5- I keep on going to dance. I'm glad I didn't give up. It's hard at times. Especially remembering the movements, AND doing stuff with BOTH your arms and legs. I'm so not coordinated!! I almost gave up in january, because all that was going on in the house (moving 20 boxes from the new girl's room to our bedroom...) and I was just not in the mood for subway. Now it's easier. It gives me a limit time. I know I will leave the house by 4:20 PM so whatever I have to do should be done by then. And when I get home I just enjoy a nice diner with DH :)
-6- We keep up the good habits of eating at home, with at least 2 veggies a meal. I'm proud we can do it! Most of the time of of the veggies is tazatziki:
peel a cucumber, grate it. In a container pour 3 table spoons of yogurt a pinch of salt, a half tea spoon of ground cumin and some paprika. Mix the yogurt and cucumber = TA DA! delicious tzatziki (well an adaptation, teh real kind has garlic and lemon, and no paprika)
So yesterday we had stuffed cabbage again, tonight crepes with bechamel (ficelles picardes) with zucchini on the side. Pretty healthy! :) well I had a spoon of nutella for dessert, and he got reeses' cups... less healthy ;)
-7- I watch the Duggar show. I kind of like them, but I'm quite upset the fact that they make it a show on TLC.
I admire the parents. I love that they defend their beliefs, and raise such a happy family. I think their teens are stunning, self confident and very down-to earth..
Now I wish they would keep it to a more serious documentary, like on a more family oriented network. Or keep it to a book of tips for other large families.
When I say family oriented, I mean not a network that airs "toddlers and tiaras" especially not right after their show. Also they have silly little notes coming on the screen, really on the board of making fun of them.
so anyway I like the Duggar family. I don't think we'll have that many kids. I would be quite open about it I guess... But let's start with one and see from there!
I think they are giving their kids a lot of structure. I'm not sure kids and teens need that much of everything under control, but once again this may be an impression you get on the TV show. I bet in real life it's a lot more relaxed in their house :)
So back to life...
2 comments:
#2...want to start a new book with me? It's a little one...I just agreed to read 'Till We Have Faces' (by CS Lewis) with a friend of mine...two friends now...it's turning into a little blog book club. We'll start this weekend, once I can get a copy from the library. I would love to hear what you think of it!
Oh dear...I need a patience fix too.
It should be my number one priority.
Post a Comment