Monday, June 4, 2012

Fantastic night

I live across from a park which is also a modern art museum. I enjoy every minute of it.
One day we'll have to move (we currently rent and the landlord has plans to live here a few years down the road). That day I'll cry.

Saturday night there was a one night exhibit with illuminations and music.
It was like walking in a dream.










the best part, IMO, is that it was all old fashioned fire, no electricity required :)
They used charcoal, oil and candles (in big terra cotta pots) some of the oil lamps and candles were scented. It was just pure beauty. It rained a little bit at some point and the oil lantern started singing along (water in oil).
We left around 1am, I think the party went on until 2 or so.. but then we woke up at 3am to the biggest strom of the season, so far. Our street was just one big river, I couldn't see the road at all, only water streaming down towards the chateau. I hope the party was done by then.

No comments: