-post more on this blog.
So for August I'll try to post something everyday.
-cook a healthy dinner (I have been lazy since I came back from the hospital)
-track finances. Ask Mr L how much he spent and write down DAILY how much we spent/plan to spend. I need to get better at tracking money. mr L is making lots of money, lots of it goes right back into taxes and debts (thanks university system in the US) but we still should be able to save lots more than we currently do.
My laptop is not really in working order, the charging cable is broken so the battery runs out and there is no way to recharge it.. or you have to hold the cable a certain way without moving for a few hours.. which is hard to do with already a baby on you.
So I use my husband's laptop.
But it has no accents, which is annoying to type in French.
And it has no record of my favorite websites.. well now it's starting to come in the top 10 :)
So I haven't read blogs in a while.. not sure I'll be able to catch up with all posts..
Baby is doing good. For some reason he won't sleep well unless he is ON me. It's adorable, but somewhat a problem when I need to do stuff.
He still wakes up at night, we have "bad" ones like yesterday (when he wakes every 2 hours and needs between 1/2h and an hour to fall back asleep) and good ones (when he wakes only once every 3-4 h and falls back asleep within 1/2h).
I am still very bad at taking naps. Sleep when the baby sleeps.. I tried a few times, and then the phone rings, UPS delivers or other... oh well I rest at least.
I still don't really feel like a mother, more like the guardian of that adorable little one but I still wouldn't be surprised if someone came to take him back.
Actually how do you know how motherhood is supposed to feel like??
I started making an album for the baby. I wanted to do a page with all four birth announcements of 2010 babies in the family. And it dawned on me that my nephew passed away :'( It is still too much to realize..
I'll still add the birth announcements in the album, but maybe I'll do a special page for Mathieu.
This week end we went over to have lunch with friends from our church. I am so glad we have a church where people are open minded and have open hearts like this.
It was really a good time. After lunch we played ping-pong and I was not even the worst player (and trust me it would take lots to "beat my performances"!)
3 comments:
I love that your baby sleeps ON you. So cute.
HI!!!
First , CONGRATULATIONS!!! I love his name, very distinguished and it looks like it suits him to a T :-)
2nd, i am so very sorry to hear about your nephew :-( how sad, my thoughts and prayers are with you all...
I have been thinking about you but couldnt for the life of me find your blog , i am so thankful that yuo left me a comment so i could catch up with you :-)
Congrats again!
Cassandra xx
Glad baby Mathieu is doing well and loving his mommy!
First time motherhood is challenging. It's still early; don't give yourself too many goals.
Life will level out by the time he's six months old.
If it doesn't, seek support from other moms or a professional.
Blessings.
Post a Comment