Thursday, March 4, 2010

I have a nephew! :)


My nephew, Mathieu, was born yesterday at 3pm. He is my sister's second son and she is so happy!
My mom went to visit them today, and I stayed home with my dad. I'm dying to see this cute tiny bundle of joy but I figured my sister would appreciate some privacy..

And I got to spend a day with my dad which was really nice.
He talked a lot!! :D
I made him an apricot cake for snack and we had a great time, with 2 session of walking in the fresh air! This is big as my dad really isn't in a good shape. He walks very slowly.

A few updates:
I can feel the baby all the time now. I love it so much. At the begining a few weeks ago I wasn't sure because it was so soft, and my Ob-gyn told me it was too early to feel it anyway... but it's getting stronger :) And I lost trust in my Ob-gyn. Which isn't a big deal as I will see her last in 2 weeks, if I even go at all. Next appointement for me will be Saturday for the sonogram (other doc) and in a month at the hospital with the delivery team! :)
I have had a couple contractions here and there but nothing alarming so far...

I have a new bra. Ok it sounds like private info, but actually it is PUBLIC INTEREST to know how relieved I feel.
Please if your back hurts, if your shoulders are sore by the end of the day, check your bra!!!
It's an amazing difference to have something fitting. I'm like 20lbs lighter!

I went to see the skills assessment lady today again. We talked some more about options, what I can do for now, what to do after the baby is here.. It became clear that deep down I do not want to leave the baby.. But if we have to in the best interest of everyone within a few years I'll do it.. I'm also looking into being a nanny (that is people brng kids to my home and pick them up after work) but I'm not crazy about it, as I will have a new born. So the other options are finding something very close by, or being a teacher or doing a part-time job.
The part time thing sounds good, as in the least bad. So we're progressing.

I have a date :) Tomorrow night we booked a table in an ivorian restaurant in Paris. I will also have lunch with a friend. She was my confirmation sponsor so she promised me a light fare, like "fasting " together... I love her for that.
But I'm still going to the restaurant at night! ;)

No comments: