Friday, February 12, 2010

the ooopsie update

Still no camera here, so no pics.. :(

The lady of the interview I went to wednesday said she'd call me by the end of today. It's 5 pm here so the working day is more or less over and I didn't hear back from them. It was only a stage (= job experiment) so it's no big deal.
I am happy that I got back in the mood of looking for a job.

Thursday I went to a job search counseling service, I am going to meet the lady once a week for 6 weeks to assess my skills and find a profile of job I could fit in so I'm pretty excited about that.

Today I went to the ob-gyn again, she spent 20 min reading my blood tests results because she couldn't find one specific line. Finally she found it! :) Then she took my blood pressure, which is good she said (12/7 but I don't know what it means!) and listened to the baby's heart. Her doppler didn't work so she had to turn on the sonogram! YAY! :D I got to see my baby again. So cute!!!
His (in french A baby is neutral= masculine gender) heartbeat was good too.
Next sonogram in two weeks! A real one this time, for the 22 weeks mark.

Oh and the oopsie of the title: I put on 6 lbs in 2 weeks! OOOOOOOPS.
I did a really good job to put on NOTHING for the first 4 months, so I need to get back on track. The gyn told me to cut out ALL sugars. And to eat slowsugars with everymeal (slowsugars are grains, bread, pasta etc..)
So here I am :( No more jams and pains au chocolat (=chocolate croissants).
I need to get lots of fruits to snack on, otherwise I'll just eat delicious chocolate flans all day.. :)
And I mentally just signed myself up for a daily walk in that beautiful park across the street. I just need to get some warm socks!

3 comments:

Rae said...

What?! But chocolate croissants are one of the best parts of European food! If you can't have them, you might as well be back in the US. ;-)

Dawn said...

With my last pregnancy I gained 5# in a two week period. Yuk!!

Morgan said...

Not fun on the cutting out sugar part, but at least pastas and grains are yummy!

So any signs of the gender of the baby, or are you waiting to find out?