Less than a month!!!
Can you believe that?
Less than a month and so much exciting things to make time fly even faster!!
We are getting ready for Christmas. I am very happy with one of the gifts I got for Mr. L, I can't tell more now but I'll share about it after Christmas, because if you have a sentimental husband like mine he would love that kind of thing..
But before Christmas, actually this very week end, we are going to see the Nutcracker! I have never been to a ballet! I am so excited!! I love to watch dancers, and I also love the Nutcracker's music (how could you go wrong with titles like flowers' valse, chocolate, tea, coffee...)
I don't care too much for new year's eve, sorry... But it's ok, I'll be cooking! :) Mr L's dad is coming from Oklahoma with his wife! I am so happy they take the pain to come over! It means A LOT to me. Because we didn't go for Thanksgiving (we were both sick and the road would have been 16h courtesy of Mr L alone). SO they are coming before we move across the ocean.
They already came to visit in NYC to meet me when we decided to get married, so now we owe them 2 visits.
Oh and the news of the day: we got a sublease!!! "Our God is not a God of confusion" definitely not.. Here is the story:
we moved in September 1st. Our lease is up on July 31st. Breaking the lease exposes us to all kinds of procedures from the landlord to get the rent paid, even if we tell him we are moving and such.. We could just move and not care as the risks of getting sued internationally are slim.. But Mr L has a company here, small sure but still, that could be a problem. So just plain leaving is out. Then we checked out a tenants' rights coalition, the guy was very talkative, not in a professional way in our opinion, and basically his solution is to look for all the little things that landlords do that are illegal (like putting the deposit and the rent in the same account). We both didn't like this option because it's basically threatening the landlord, when they have been the best management company we've lived with. Their apartment is top quality. The super is efficient and quick to answer any little problem, so really we didn't want to go that way.
Our last option is to find someone to sub-rent the apartment until July. Mr L put up a nice link on craigslist, and one person only answered. But that was enough!!!
She is taking the place, she loves it, and she signed the paperwork! WOOOT! That is like a miracle. This is seriously the slowest time of the year for rentals (winter) plus it's a bad time to rent anyway, plus sub-lease doesn't sound very attractive to anyone.. But she took it! She loves the place and hopes to stay for a few more years after that.
I am so happy. One less worry. :) This was the most improbable, yet the best case scenario. And it happened. Christmas miracle :)
No comments:
Post a Comment