Saturday, November 21, 2009

Boring posts for Saturday

I haven't been to church in two whole weeks. Well, almost. We went only on Sundays. I think since I have been a practicing catholic it's the first time that I don't go at least once or twice during the week. And I really miss it. I need to tough it up next week and try a little harder. I will probably go back to my "old" church. The plan was to get to a different parish to see if I can get involved or find a prayer group, but as we are moving in less than 3 months it doesn't matter too much now if I can get involved or not.
My main obstacle is that I don't feel super good in the mornings. I NEED to eat, but then digestion takes forever in a painful way.. And the church is 25 min walk away. :( I could look into easy digest foods though. That could be really helpful for me right now. I think soup is easy on the stomach, isn't it? And I love soup.
I aslo crave fruits first thing in the morning, but that may explain my stomach cramps afterwards.. How fun is that when your old buddy brother donkey becomes a total mystery? What will be the side effects of a banana? An apple? Ah the suspense never ends...
But really I'm just so happy. :)
As we will be moving at some point, we decided to explore Chicago as tourists would do. Today we are going for hot dogs AND chicago style pizza. Hot dogs is not my favorite right now, what appeals to me the most is the slice of tomatoe on top.. But I'm sure once there I will feel better about it.
Chicago style pizza is some wonderful dish, that not everyone would qualify as pizza. I love those stuffed with spinach and grilled onions. YUM!!
We may also go to the lake. Can you believe we've been there only once since we moved?! Or maybe take a tour in the gangster bus... And all of that served with lots of walking.
Or walking shoes are probably the best investement we've made so far! :)

More boring posts on Mary's blog. ;)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Oh, wow, that gangster tour looks fun!!