Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Things about Chicago

and maybe just American things that I hadn't noticed earlier:
- every apartment has a deck, with a mandatory grill.
- Halloween store houses. Stores that are ONLY selling Halloween costumes. What do they do the rest of the year???
- Take out. A lot. Seems a lot more frequent here than in France. We do have pizza delivery, and restaurant chains, but most people cook (cheaper) and sometimes go out to eat (more fun). Well in MY France. ;)
-supermarket aisles: even in the smallest local shop, there is an ENTIRE aisle for : disposable anything, chips and salsa. But there is very limited, or not at all, section for shampoos and bath products, toothpaste and deodorant, wine, cured meat, chocolate in tablets (not candy).
- In Chicago the parks are bigger than in NYC. And there are more :)
- Less trains and buses, MORE walk. My heels are worn out already!Literally a 1/8 to a 1/4 of an inch shorter! I bought them when we moved not 2 months ago. Saturday Mr L and I both got a pair of hiking shoes, waterproof :) I walk at least 1 hour a day, just going to church and to the supermarket. If I do both that's already closer to 2 hours!!And I must say I love it :) It so beautiful with the yellow trees right now.
- I'll have to add more later... I know there is so much more. I notice something almost everyday.

No comments: