I signed up for baking :) once a month I think, to make cookies. I love making cookies, but I shouldn't eat too many. SO this is perfect. I can eat a couple and give the rest! :)
I also signed up for the quilts. I was so happy that they gave me fabric right away!! :)
They get fabric that go out of production, and give it to people with time on their hands. We sew it together and send it back to the lady, and she gives it to hospitals and children associations, to bring comfort. She also does exhibits. I think it's a neat idea!
I started a quilt when I was 19 or so. But never finished it... It's in France, somewhere, halfway through. I also made a blamkie for my nephew. That I finished. And it was cute :)
So this time I'm decided to do it well, and to finish it.
Yesterday I did most of a star:
objective for today: to do another one. Or at least finish this one and start a second star. :)
It should be a 9 stars design. If I work well it should be done by the end of october..
Here is a picture of an other fabric. She gave me many fabrics, I really like it!
I was starting to feel useless and sad, but this gives me a goal! :)
I'll post updates to keep myself accountable.
1 comment:
Looking forward to updates.
Post a Comment