
Today is my last Saturday at work. I feel sorry to admit that I won't miss it. I don't know when and how, but it slowly went from a job I loved to a chore I have to get through. I count hours until I can be done with it.
I enjoy many aspects of my work. But I have been more and more aware of the parts I dislike, and I probably got less involved and attentive, hence less contact with people, hence I like it even less.
For example I just got in. There is a group of teens on the side table, they don't answer my "hi!" or is it in my head? I see some people sitting at tables, we exchange a couple smiles. Then I went straight to my office, to print the bulletin of the week. Last week I didn't think about it until the last minute, the lady who usually takes care of it wasn't there and nobody took over.. I know it's silly but I feel like very few people are putting efforts in making this place a community, and I don't want to be the last one trying, I think I gave up. :( This is when it's time to quit I guess.
Well this sounds very negative, we do have a community here. But it's too hard for me to be STAFF AND Community. There are many things I am not allowed to do as staff, like going to visit people or inviting them over, that makes it hard to feel part of it. I'm glad we're moving because I don't feel in a church, I'm at work, but in a routine not enthusiastic way. The thing I really look forward to every week is the sharing group. This reflexion is my food for the journey. :)
You know it's time to change job when the highlight of your week is to go to jail!
;)
1 comment:
Jobs sometimes just become like that when you are leaving because you let yourself see the parts you didn't ever really like. Sometimes the people who you will leave behind don't want to become more attached to you so they withdraw. And sometimes it is just time to move on. Thanks for a Boring Post for Saturday and letting me read it.
Post a Comment