Today I'm off.
We were out of milk so I went to the bodega next door to get some. But on the way I decided to go get flowers at the brand new Home depot. :) Long story short we planted a garden in the back yard, but it's not growing well and I would like to add some flowers before we move, so the house mates are not left with a backyard growing wild!
SO, I still went to the bodega to get my coffee, and off I go for my 15 min walk to the home depot.
The walk itself was surprisingly enjoyable. I live in the South Bronx, and despite a garbage can at every corner, it's full of trash, dirty spills and other yucky garbage juices.. BUT it all changed recently when they brought trees. NYC has a 1 million trees program and they planted trees EVERYWHERE. Any street now looks like a beautiful garden alley. It really change the atmosphere for the best.
And with the trees came more little birds :)
At the mall there were plenty superstore getting ready for opening. Most of them are scheduled for August. Only home depot and Target were opened. Oh my! Target, the magic word that made me lose track of why I came here in the first place...
The Target was empty of people, but full of so welcoming staff! In almost every aisle someone offered to help me :) And they had milk!! :)
And everything was correclty and respectfully organized, no humps of clothes under the racks, no mess in the food section, no one trying on products in the cosmetics. Such a good experience.
I got a cute teal dress and I looked a lot into the shoes. They had plenty of flats and heels, but nothing in between.. :( Oh well
I had a great time. I resisted buying a walk-at-home DVD and plenty of tempting foods.
I got freezer bags instead.
Freezer bags are my friends.
Yesterday we had spaghetti carbonara and there is left-overs. Now I can freeze it instead of reasoning: " oh I can't let it go bad.." :)
I feel very good today :) Looking forward to more time off in September!
2 comments:
Sounds like a great day. Thanks for sharing! I did cover your prayer request at Adoration on Tuesday.
Thanks :)
Post a Comment