Adultery,
Anger
Bitterness
Change,
Conflict
Debt,
Disloyalty
Ego trips
Failure to Communicate
Guilt trips
Habits
Impatience,
Indifference, Insensitivity
Jealousy
"Keeping House" Controversy
Lack of Intimacy
Messiness
Nagging
Out-of-control Children
Parental Pressures,
Pride,
Procrastination
Quick Replies- speaking before you think
Rejection, Sexual
Selfishness,
Self pity,
Spiritual Indifference
Television
Ultimatums
Violence
Withholding Affection
Xhaustion
Yelling and other annoying habits
Zzz'z- boredome with your partner,your marriage or your life in general
Not the most mind strinking chapter in my opinion...
Most of those are mentioned somewhere else in the book.
My personal top 5 to struggle against:
1-Silence: no saying when I'm upset, not saying why..2-Bitterness: forgiving for real, not bringing past things up to myself
3-Messiness: there is such a BIG difference in our behavior when the house is clean and inviting. As soon as there is clutter, papers around etc. we get cranky way faster!! I'm not alone in that struggle though ;)
4- Disloyalty: keep in mind to open my mouth only for positive comments, whoever I'm chatting with. Especially when talking about him. So far so good but I want to be extra careful with this one.
5-Television: put strict limits on television and other screen activities, both hen alone and when with hubby. Sometimes we end up watching TV during diner because the kitchen is too small and once in the living room the furniture seems to invite us to turn on tv. Review furniture arrangement to NOT make TV the focal point.
3 comments:
some good advice. not so sure I can keep up #3.
I like that the list is alphabetized! Neat.
My husband and I used to eat in front of the TV during our early years of marriage and living in an apartment. All that changed after we had our first baby and he was ready for sitting at the high chair.
Post a Comment