Saturday, May 16, 2009

I make noodle necklaces for God...


...and I'm not ashamed of it.
There are noodles in my life. Especially stubborned judgmental persons that I meet every now and then. I suppose I got them on their bad days.. In French an annoying/close-minded /lazy person is called " nouille" (that's the kid friendly word). I'm unsure if the english word "noodle" has the same connotation...

Anyway when I need patience/courage in a situation , especially when someone is really being a pain #@%!@# my last resort before screaming and crying or running away is to make noodle necklaces for God.
The catholic tradition calls it "offering it up".
I like the idea of noodle necklaces because I had a hard time understanding the idea of offering your suffering. But I like the idea that the ugly moment I'm living can be collected as a noodle. A plain old useless noodle. When you add them together patiently and with some creativity they can turn into a cool necklace :)
I know I can be the centerpiece of some other people's necklaces.. It helps me keep it real. Even annoying times bring us closer to God, all we have to do is collect all those moments on the string of our patience, and offer it up . ;)

2 comments:

Kate said...

Tiphaine, this post made me smile! Everytime I'm irritated by someone now, I'm going to think 'noodle' and I know it will make me laugh.

Dawn said...

Oh, this is great. Thank you.