
-1-
I have a serious (but not so rare) condition.
It's been going on for a few months.
I think it came with the marriage...
I got the baby obsession.
I try to not talk about "when can we try for a baby?" more than once every other day. And trust me it's hard... Not that I'm totally out of it yet, but I think about it so much, so much. My husband is so amazing I can't but imagin him with little ones, and if I think about how cute they would be with his red hair and blue-green witty eyes.. I'm melted. So here's what's on my mind at least 20 times a day:

-2-
Thinking of babies, we're planning the future.. well as much as planning can go for the future.
Today I sent a few emails to former teachers to ask them for advices and contacts. I would love to go to the university of Chicago. Linguistics anyone? :)
-3-
I'm getting so good at paperwork!! I got my non-driver licence in the mail when we got back from France. What a nice surprise. The less nice surprise was my hair on the picture, we had such a laugh!! I had been waiting since 7 AM in the rain on the line outside, so I look tired, mean and hirsute...
Now on to applying for green card, GRE, TOEFL, scholarship and university... long is the road.
-4-
weight loss: none. I'm back to 165lbs. Of course I'm back from a nice vacation where I didn't control too much the quantity of delicious food that entered my mouth.. I'm actually quite happy that I'm not back to a higher weight... And I can now get back to my walking at home program, and double it with some outside walking and jogging :) My main motivation (after the doctor's strict warning) is to get a good health condition, related to #1 here :)
-5- Man I could do a whole post about how badly I want those little kids... (at least one to start).
So let's focus on why I'm happy I'm not yet pregnant:
-more time to work on #4
-more time to drink coffee without restriction, or to keep trying to reduce consumption of..
-be one more statistic on how efficient NFP is for postponing pregnancy
-no pressure to look for a good daycare in the Bronx (good luck!)
-I will be able to carry boxes for the moving (wait, am I happy about that??)
-did I mention coffee?
-6-
I went to EMC thursday, they were a few girls but I didn't talk with them, other counselors were there and I needed time to adapt again. Just a week in France was a total change of mind.. It seems to me that things get more drama around here, more struggles and passion.. Like religion, being pro-choice or pro-life, etc. It's like everything is on war and you have to chose your camp..
Or maybe it's just that I have different experiences in France and in the US...
-7-
Teen group: OMG!! Those kids are so negative, and waiting for things to happen. We tried to have them talk about role models... about being pro-active... about standing up for what you want in life... There was a lot of marshmallow going on in their attitude.. and not much will. It was sad. I really hope we are so boring that we killed all the life out of them.. because it was very frustrating to see those young teenagers complaining about "everything", it was like they're too lazy to think. I optimistically think most of it is being shy, or want to look cool in front of the others...
5 comments:
These were fun to read! I'm glad to have found your blog. I'll definitely be checking back in. Your thoughts about France vs. the U.S. were interesting. One of my good friends is French and I always love talking to her about the differences in our cultures.
And best of luck with the baby plans. :)
Great post!
I can relate to #5, worked to get it down before my daughter and as baby#2 becomes a more serious consideration have begun working it down again.
don't worry too much about the coffee. :) I cut it out for pregnancy and nursing for our first . . . cut it out for the pregnancy for the second . . . and cut down for the third. But mostly it was self regulating . . . the dehydrating effects of caffeine, which usually don't seem to affect me at all, hit me very heavily during pregnancy. My body *told* me that it had to have lots of plain water. So it all worked out. My mom, who loves coffee as much as I do, told me that it made her nauseous when she was pregnant. So I think it all works out.
Some encouragement to you on the weight front too. I was right around 165 when I got pregnant with our first. Some two years later, when I got pregnant with our second, I had dropped nearly 25 lbs., basically effortlessly, from the combination of nursing and being free to eat when my body needed to rather than on a set schedule as it worked with my job. See you around in the blogosphere!
On the teens, I think the attitude is a part of being a teenager sometimes, but they CAN get excited about things. I have three teenagers in my house and they can be very awesome too.
I enjoyed your quick takes! I feel your frustration with the teens...I think you're right that it probably has alot to do with wanting to look good in front of the group. You're a saint for helping.
Once you get that baby bug, there's no going back! Good luck!
Post a Comment