5-6 cups flour
about 2 cups warm water (warm from the tap is perfect!)
2 little bags of dry yeast, or some starter
2 tablespoon sugar
about 4-5 table spoons oil
salt
whatever you like in your bread: nuts, bacon, onions, raisins, cranberries etc...
I a big bowl mix yeast (or starter), sugar and 1/2 cup water, mix with wooden spoon. Take your time on that part, let the yeast come up (5-10 min, especially if you use the dry yeast)
Add progressively 1 cup flour, some water, the salt, more flour, more water, the oil, more flour, more water, more flour etc. Until the dough lift a little bit from the sides of the bowl.
if you wish to get starter for future uses, take about a handful of dough, put it aside in a little container with lid, with 1/3 cup of water and a teaspoon of sugar
If you want a special addition to your bread, now is the time! :)
Then go with your hands, play with the dough for about 10 min, it helps bring air in the dough.
Let it sit for about 1/2h.
Then cut the dough in 2 parts, form bread (2 loaves), cut a little incision on the top. Put it on greased cookie sheet, and hop in the oven for about 45min (400 degrees).
Smells and taste delicious!
It's such a beautiful day!
I can count my blessings today.
I woke up early and got the laundry out of the way by 8:30. Then I went to church for St Pat's day. I almost went to the cathedral, but I got scared of the crowd! So anyway there is a school attached to the local parish, and all kids came in... It took forever to have them come in, sit down.. And some of them are in the afterschool program so they saw me and I heard some " oh there's Tiphaine!!" You know like when you just need some silent prayer and you hear whispers all around..
Anyway I had a really good praying time, I forgot about the kids and listened to the homely (where I go usually there is no homely).
I was so energized afterward!! I did a lot of house stuff, like hang laundry, cook, and sweep and mop. All in about 2 hours. I even baked bread!
I just had some for snack and it was yummy !
Around noon I had lunch with my Belgian housemate -she gave me her jello chocolate puddings, she doesn't like them too much! Thanks!- Then we went to DSW to get shoes. I got 2 new pairs of shoes (which doesn't happen often):
-pink flats
- cute blowfish flats.
As I usually get second hand shoes, or very cheap regular things they wear out quickly. The last ones I bought were boots, after 2 weeks the right foot zipper got stuck, and I've been walking with a gap in the sole for about a month, grateful for the absence of snow in february :)
So this time I got new quality shoes and they were not even that much more expensive than payless shoes. AND I get the young/funky ones :)
The fun doesn't stop here!
I did a 3 min mini walk, which was GREAT!! It's not aerobic, or if it is I didn't realize! I loved it so much I got a dvd from the lady. I've been doing mini walks on youtube for 3 days and I still love it so much. :)
More moving with dance tonight, and meeting with a friend who's learning French. We just chat with a drink, and then I get home to have irish diner with Mr L. : cabbage, potatoes and beef..
Some days are just good, when I get the right begining, all the day just comes together peacefully. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment