Friday, March 6, 2009

7 quick takes Friday


1-The little mouse
This is such a cute little girl... I really admire the mom's parenting style, I hope to be like that one day :) So her brother lost a tooth and the toothfairy brought him something. Now she found a peanut and wants to pretend it's a tooth, so the toothfairy will get HER something! :)


2-lonely-sick?
This week I was alone at home. I felt sick. I noticed when I work Sundays my husband used to be sick, and needed much comforting in the evening. I think same goes for me.. My sickness is just an other word for loneliness. Can you tell? I have been posting a lot more than usual!! :)
Mr. L. suggested it could be morning sickness. I really doubt it. But for a minute I was really happy about hte idea...
Sometimes I wonder if a baby would help me get over my laziness. You know someone to care for.. then I realize I already have a husband to care for, and if I'm lazy I'm obviously not caring enough... So I get up my behind and do just one small thing. It really helps me feeling better, and getting back to some activity.

3- home-sick?
again? kinda... I called my parents Wednesday, it felt good. I'm really looking forward to visit! My mom told me to take a Tylenol. well not really, she said "doliprane" because she doesn't know about Tylenol. Anyway I'm very reluctant to take any medicine, but I did. It didn't have much effect on me, but I was happy to listen to my mom's advice! LOL!

4- Lent resolutions

.... not so great........
My resolutions were:
-pray with consistency the complies. And if possible do it with DH.
- eat oatmeal for breakfast, no snacks and light dinners
-save money from outing and pick a charity to give it to
-no crap TV during lunch break
- + read the book of proverbs

This week:
-I did pray, but not with the hours. And DH was in Washington DC. He will be back tomorrow, but I work night, as well as Sunday... :(
- I ate oatmeal!! No snack hmmm well no bad snack, I had some bread or an orange every now and then...
Light dinners and everything else.. still trying to lose 20 lbs.
-the TV was my big defeat of the week. I got sick and lonely and used it as excuses to watch LOTS of HGTV.
- book of proverbs... I read a few more chapters. :)

I went to a Taize prayer yesterday again, so I guess it's my new assignment. :) I guess a ecumenical prayer is a better fit for our ecumenical couple :)

5- I got a jean at the thrift store!
I seldom wear pants...
<-- that's why. When I googled for this image (yes with the strict safe search on, thankyouverymuch) I found a book called "big thights, tight jeans" it express more or less my feelings about jeans.
I love skirts. Skirts are my friends.
And dresses!! Dresses allow me to be lazy and pretty. What's not to like??




6- Congratulations to Jen @conversion diary for her little baby! That reminds me of my cousin's son. I was there about 6h after his birth :) Such a tiny cute miracle. When you see those precious little hands reaching for yours.. awwwwww my heart is just melting.
WIth my husband gone for a week I forgot all our reasons for postponing baby :) I asked him to remind me.. I hope we'll have a nice talk about it, and we'll work out a way to make it possible soon. I can't wait to meet our children!!!

7- the 40 days for life campaign has started (with Lent). Tonight I'll take time to pray for this cause, and for parents who face infertility. I'm really saddened by the "pro-choice/pro-life war". I think both side are trying to defend women's right and what they believe is good.. but obviously only one side cares for the children too... Anyway I just pray that all this non-sense will stop some day. Because I realize how much the pro-life side is putting some people off against our own cause.. :( I'm so sad that some women are fighting for "pro-choice" without even considering the other side of the equation...



on this picture there are 2 legends, one at the head of the girl, the other at her stomach.
Both read: "my mom is going to kill me".

2 comments:

Scarlett said...

I found your post from Conversion Diary, and I *really* like that last picture. Any idea where to find a copy where the words are big enough to read?

Tami said...

May Mr. L. return soon and your loneliness subside.

Have a great weekend.