Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mardi gras... too fat tuesday :( ?


Sigh... So I visited a doctor today. A very nice person. With my wonderful new last name came an insurance card, and some worries from Mr L. because my joints shouldn't be painful.. What? Not everyone can predict the weather with her knees?
So anyway I went to the doctor, complete check up.
He said he'll check my blood for arthritis and rheumatism.. And he told me to lose weight. Like 20 pounds! (read with desperate voice)
How on earth am I going to lose weight?
Seriously I eat healthy. I have a BIG appetite, but I eat really healthy most of the time. I do enjoy cookies and donuts, but donuts are very special treats, and cookies.. hm well maybe I actually don't eat that healthy in between meals... ;)
So my problem is the word diet. I just can't do it.
Once I tried weight-watchers, with DH, but after 2 weeks he gave up. I hanged in there an other 2 weeks, but it was just an other diet. (If you had a good experience with them, please share!)
I was enthusiast about WW because of their ad: stop dieting, start living. But I was all the more disappointed when I realized that was just an other diet. :(
The only time in my (not-so-long) life when I kept eating resolution was... LENT!
LOL how fitting is that! In 2003 when I prepared for my confirmation I followed the recommendations of Bircher (the muesli guy) to cleanse your body. I was really serious about confirmation preparation and I felt that I needed the discipline.
I didn't lose that much weight, but I "melted cheeks" and got an amazing skin.
It was difficult, but I kept Lent in mind, and I would pray 10 min before eating. That really helped me..

Now I don't think I could do it again (it was mostly oatmeal and raw veggies). But I'm glad Lent is starting, because that's probably the only way for me to stick to an eating discipline..

Encouragements are welcome!

No comments: