Thursday, October 9, 2008

happy periods!

Do you spend a week every month or so feeling miserable? taking extra vitamins, lazily laying down hoping for it to go away faster? Are you ashamed when there is no garbage can inside the bathroom and you have to hide your used disposable until you find a garbage can somewhere else?
Well I used to feel that way...
Now I'm looking forward to my periods :)
I like it because :

- that reminds me I'm in good health
- that gives me a good reason to indulge in an extra dose of chocolate :)
- it's also when I start a new chart, which is still new to me, hence the fun..
- and above all I get to use my pads :)

Have you ever been looking forward to using a disposable pad? or a tampon?
well then maybe it's time to switch to washable pads ;)

I got washable pads through a website. lunapads, made by a few great ladies!
there is also party in my pants. Just love that name!!

It's been a little more than 8 months since I switched from disposable to washable pads. I wouldn't go back for anything in the world.

Three extra good reasons for me:
1. It's eco-friendly. No more huge waste of paper and plastic every month.
2. It's cheaper. It's an investment. But I haven't bought any disposable in 8 months, and I think I already saved money. And I can use what I have for many years to come...
3. It changed my perception of my own body.
Period is not dirty and shameful. I'm not going to make a public announcement at work, but I don't have to quickly hide a pad from my bag to my pocket before I go use the ladies room.
I don't have to support the feeling of plastic scratching my legs all day...
Or the dryness of a tampon.


Now I have a comforting feeling of softness. The fabric used by most shops is flannel, with funny patterns. It cheers me up just to see it :)
So now I'm happy with my periods :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

The things I learn from my fellow bloggers.
I didn't even know these existed.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know these things existed either!! How neat and creative :) I will def. have to pass this on. Thank you for the prayers :) Congrats on your wedding!!!! I know I can't wait!