Friday night we went to a young married couple group in his church.
the theme was " how to crave time for your partner in a crazy NYC life" or something like that.
It went great :)
If I could remember only one thing that would be what the pastor said at some point: " In our lives we have many things going on: work, hobbies, family, in-laws, children etc. We cannot be there 100% for everybody all the time. At some point you are going to let someone down. Make sure that day that it's not your wife (/husband). Sure your boss, coworker etc. will be upset that you leave at 5pm every night, and even at 4 pm that day for this or that... But don't let your partner down, it's the one thing you should always have as priority on your mind."
He said a few other things like saving a date every week, and some other tips of that kind. But what I noticed was that "you're going to let someone down, who is it going to be?"
I realized that I've been too easy to accept extra hours.
I'm working every Saturdays, and one Sunday a month. It's fine for me, but that means only 3 days every month that I can spend with Phil. 3 days a month. Now that's letting someone down!
So I decided to put this saying to application: "no one is irreplaceable." And the week end after our wedding we'll go on a week end!
2 whole days! Yay!
So wedding preparations summary, D-2 weeks:
- picking up dress tomorrow :)
- making church booklets right now
- preparing invites for a house warming party, because not all our friend scan make it to the diner a monday night! :)
- wearing shoes to get used to them :)
- half a rosary everyday so far! I really try to do it all, but wherever, whenever I start, something comes up to bring it to a end... still not giving up.
I know I can do it!
- for spiritual prep I'm also listening to "contraception, why not?" As in why it's not so great... to keep the euphemism...
Actually we already decided to follow NFP for various and broad reasons. I'm really enthusiastic about that decision. We'll see how different from theory the real practice is...
Well I'm not really happy with that CD. Must be part of a cultural difference because I felt exactly the same way in reading "good news about sex and marriage". disappointed. I feel almost attacked by these CD and books that try to guilt you into "conversion". Well, hello! I'm already into it!!
Why would I listen to that CD otherwise!!!????
anyway...
I switch to "deciding family size" and I start to love this woman :)
"there are positive obligations, that are not constrictive but liberating: you shall not steal. These obligations give us guidelines."
Thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment